Enjoy the sites of Monument Valley, while camping in between the East and West Mittens. During the day, explore our unguided hiking and horseback riding trails, and at night, camp with minimal light pollution for spectacular views of the Milky Way. For more information, read our camping guide below.
- Campsites between the East and West Mittens
- Minimal light pollution – blocked by hill
- Hiking trails to and from campground
- Fires permitted
- Cooking area
- No water available
What To Bring
- Camera – capture all the views Monument Valley has to offer, including exclusive access to the East Mitten Butte
- Water – there is no running water, make sure to bring plenty of your own
- Skin protection – sunscreen, hats, sunglasses
- Clothing options – due to unpredictable weather, be sure to dress accordingly. Windstorms have been known to bring rain and snow. If you have any weather-related questions, feel free to call/email
- Shoes – be sure to bring sturdy, close-toed shoes. The terrain is natural and there may be an occasional rough patch.
- Food- there are no food options around the campground, so it is encouraged you bring your own food/meals
- Camping essentials